Sugar Mill Lakes Homeowners Association
Budget Meeting Minutes
Time: 6:30 PM
Location: Palm View Baptist Church 415 49th Street, Palmetto, FL 34221
Attendance: Jeff Blizzard, Joe Merluzzi, Dale Dinger, Bob Zook, Michelle Gailey and Dave Walter, LCAM.
- Certify a quorum: With 5 of the 5 Directors of the Board present, a quorum was achieved.
- Call to order: Joe Merluzzi called the meeting to order at 6:30 p.m.
- Certify meeting notice: Mr. Blizzard certified that the meeting notice was posted in accordance with Florida Statutes and the governing documents of the association.
- Motion to approve the Board Meeting Minutes dated 8.2.18-9.27.18 by Mr. Merluzzi and seconded by Mr. Blizzard, all vote in favor and the motion carries.
- Budget Discussion
- Deferred Income Revenue—AMI explained it as “money not spent”- Motionto hold money
- Talk with attorney about recourse (AMI) and accountant/audit- Motion made and seconded
- Regular or fiduciary Accountant, AMI last contract stated they’re virtually unaccountable for any of their actions. No taxes were paid from SML for the year 2017.
Operating Cost = Revenue we bring in a year
- 12,377 in Reserves (emergencies, not day to day expenses)
- At some time do a reserve study (approx. $2500.)
- *General & Administrative
- Overall services $1100 less than previous year.
- CPA already accounted for in budget.
- Pretty much the same year after year.
- *Grounds and Ponds
- Board is going to look and see if the two smaller parks can go up for sale and that income go into reserves.
- --Strike line 7190—redundant.
- Midge Fly treatment will not be any help if we do not put Aeration in ponds.
- --adjust line 7195 to $1981
- Mailboxes cost approx. $25.
- Cut $4900 from budget
- Reserves guaranteed money.
- Assessment Fee $175.00-->$198.33 quarterly Blizzard Motioned Mrs. Gailey 2nd, all vote in favor and the motion carries.
- New Business-
- November 17, 2018 Membershipmeeting in SML Park time tbd. Owners will be able to turn in ballots. Volunteers will have a month to get the word out about the importance of turning in the ballot. Pizza!
- First Choice—To change the amount of people required to change bylaws from 2/3 to 51% vote of owners.
- Insurance fees paying lawyer right now-due to litigation.
- Pond #2 300ft reinforced bags, w/in next week sod will blend in with shoreline. (done)
- 29thStreet Pond, back fill and sod is going down.
- Remember Ponds are for Run Off, not decorative purposes.
- Dragon flies have been let loose to fight the mosquito population
- Members Comments:
- Ditch off of 31st Street maintenance issue, going to see if it is a county or community issue.
- How many renters in SML? Answer about 36
9.President Joe Recommendations-
*January brings new officer elections-please give board another year to cont. what they have begun.
*Large Park Parking lot, too many unwelcomed guests. Research, with the county remove pavement, plant shrubbery, add spikes entrance, and lock/unlock gates option. SUGGESTIONS!!
*Again, Selling of smaller parks. Will need the votes of owners, zoning approval-->increased revenue and decreased dues.
- Next Meeting Date: Next meeting is set for December 13, 2018 Board of Directors Meetings.
- Mr. Merluzzi motioned to adjourn the meeting at 7:30p.m. Mr. Blizzard seconded, meeting adjourned.
- Respectfully Submitted by: Michelle Gailey, Secretary
- On Behalf of the Secretary of Harrison Ranch HOA
- The foregoing minutes of the Board of Directors have been officially approved by:
- Director Signature
- __________________________________ __________________________________
- Director Name Date